.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Friday, April 23, 2010

BBQ Recipes: Grilled Orange Chicken


I admit it. Grilled chicken is easily and by far my favorite food on the grill. Crispy skin. Sweet sauce. Tender juicy meat. Seared and charred skin. I could eat grilled chicken almost every meal and still be a happy camper. My family - ehh. Not so much. Part of the problem is that I like - love my grilled chicken to be swamped in sauce. The family - ehh, not so much. We need to find a compromise.

Towards that end, I've been playing with various barbecue sauces lately and I came across an interesting one. It's called BBQ Orange Chicken from the book Everybody Grills by Charbroil. I enjoy this book, but be warned, it is very much gas grill focused. Recipes from this book will need to be adjusted for cooking on the only true barbecue grill - wood and charcoal.

Notice that I changed the name to Grilled Orange Chicken as we are instructed to grill our chicken, not barbeque it. This recipe produces a light and refreshing very orange tasting barbecue sauce that is a nice departure from the bottled stuff. Enjoy!

BBQ Orange Chicken
2 1/2lbs chicken parts

Sauce Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
  • 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
  • 1/4 cup tomato paste
  • Zest of one orange
Cooking Instructions:
  1. Preheat grill to high, if using a gas grill.
  2. In a medium bowl, mix together all sauce ingredients until smooth.
  3. Reduce heat to medium on one side of the grill and turn off the heat on the other side.
  4. Place chicken pieces on grill away from heat, skin side down and cook 15 minutes.
  5. Turn chicken, and grill for 10 additional minutes. Brush chicken with sauce and turn occasionally cooking for an additional 10 minutes.
  6. Let rest 5 minutes and serve.
Up next, I'll talk about my additions and modifications of this recipe. "Turn off one side of the grill." Sheesh! Sorry for the excessive blue tones in the picture. It's a new camera and I'm finding its features. Did you know not to have the camera set to incandescent light while photographing in the sun? I didn't. I didn't even know it was an option. Live and learn.

Labels: , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 5:51 PM, Blogger Chilebrown said...

That sound like a fun recipe and we will probably try it.

Your kidding right?!!!!
"Preheat grill to high, if using a gas grill".

 
At 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like mixture of meat and fruit taste. It looks great :)
M.P.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Chris said...

It sounds good, especially when you corrected the grilling from BBQ, ha ha.

There is a way to fix the pictures after taking them. You can use Photoshop or Gimp (a free photoshop knock off that is well respected) to correct the white balance.

It's not perfect but it helps when I forget to change the white balance settings on camera.

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Mrom07 said...

So I am currently a college student posting blogs for class.. I am kind of sad I ran into this blog because real food looks so good! I am so tired of this cafeteria food.. Next year I will have to try and make some real food like this though!

 
At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Chef Jay said...

Fruit mixed with meat and always a delightful taste to me. Thanks for the recipe. Visit me for more barbecue recipes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!