.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

March Madness: Rachael Ray

Dinner tonight was inspired by Rachael Ray. I'm really tired of her as she seems to be everywhere, but her Everyday with Rachael Ray magazine is pretty good. I really like the way it's laid out with recipes and shopping lists to get you through the week. I should be so organized.

The February issue of Everyday with Rachael Ray had a recipe for Nacho Spuds that looked interesting. Basically it was taking nacho toppings and putting them on roasted potato slices. That looked good, but I decided to take the same ingredients and turn it into Tex-Mex inspired Shepherd's Pie.

I took 2 1/2 lbs of potatoes, peeled them and boiled them in salted water with 2 cloves of minced garlic until soft. I mashed the potatoes with butter, a little milk and added some shredded cheddar cheese.

As the potatoes were cooking I browned one pound of ground beef, drained it and added a pack of taco seasoning, some additional cumin, pepper and "Mexican" seasoning, a drained can of diced tomatoes, a drained can of black beans and about a cup of water. I let that boil then simmer to the consistency I wanted as the potatoes cooked.

Once the potatoes were all mashed up, I put the meat into the bottom of a casserole, topped it with the potatoes and more shredded cheese and baked it at 350 degrees until the cheese was melted and golden brown.

Damn. No leftovers. The photograph above really is Rachael and I think it originally appeared in FHM, but I got it from The Hollywood Gossip.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 5:23 AM, Blogger BH said...

Dude, you just lost 25 coolness points for mentioning Rachael Ray

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger bstetka said...

Man that picture is terrifying!

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Bradley said...

It was all down hill for her after those photos. Dunkin Donuts uses her for their new ads campaigns and it is pretty painful seeing her mug all over the place. I can't blame her for milking her 15 minutes for all it is worth but I really miss Fred the baker.

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Good news. I heard a rumor that her daytime talk show is being canceled this year. I used to like her $40 a day show but her over-exposure has gotten on my nerves.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!