.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Thursday, November 29, 2007

BBQ Recipes: Pork BBQ with Cherry Q Sauce

I came across this recipe today, and I think it would make a pretty good barbecue sauce. Just ignore the author's instructions to cook the pork in a slow cooker, go smoke a butt.

Damn, when will the food industry accept that barbecue means low and slow over a wood/charcoal fire? Use of a crock pot does not equal barbecue!

Pork Barbecue with Cherry Q Sauce

Preparation: 10 minutes; cooking time: 8 hours
  • 1/3 cup cherry fruit-only spread
  • 1 tablespoon dried cherries
  • 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried mustard powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 12 ounces amber ale or non-alcoholic beer
  • 2-3 pounds boneless pork shoulder roast (pork butt), cut into 2-3 pieces
Combine all ingredients except pork in a small sauce pan and bring to boil; simmer 15 minutes on low. Place pork in a 4-quart or larger slow cooker; pour sauce over. Cover and cook on low 8 hours. Remove pork and shred. Spoon back into slow cooker; mix well and serve.

Makes 8 servings

Each serving contains 221 calories, 22 grams protein, 9 grams fat (3 grams saturated), 9 grams carbohydrates, 70 milligrams cholesterol and 209 milligrams sodium.

-- Cherry Q Sauce from Grilling With Beer by Lucy Saunders; self-published; call 800-760-5998

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, Blogger Lucybeercook said...

Hi, I'm the author and the *original recipe* for Cherry Q Sauce does call for cooking over live fire - I do give people permission to get creative with their own interpretations - because that's what cooking with beer is - creative and fun! cheers,
Lucy
grillingwithbeer.com

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger leosatter said...

Maybe you can help me out with something…? I want to order all of my food online from now on because of various reasons, but I don’t know where to go for quality food. I have tried 2 companies so far, Fresh Dining, and and Celebrity Foods, but I wanna get others I can try out. Do you know of any? The main thing I’ve ordered so far is steak. I guess you can say, I’m a steak junkie. LOL!!! From what I have found out (from what I have ordered so far) I think I am able to regulate the quality of beef I buy. I hate going to a store and getting that crappy slab of beef that I have to cut down until there is like nothing left. Hahaha!!!! (its so true though) Anyhow, sorry that I made this comment so long. If you can help me out or point me in a direction where I might find more quality foods online, I would greatly appreciate it. Have a good day or night! (depending on when you read this) LOL!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!