BBQ Recipes: Pork BBQ with Cherry Q Sauce
I came across this recipe today, and I think it would make a pretty good barbecue sauce. Just ignore the author's instructions to cook the pork in a slow cooker, go smoke a butt.
Damn, when will the food industry accept that barbecue means low and slow over a wood/charcoal fire? Use of a crock pot does not equal barbecue!
Pork Barbecue with Cherry Q Sauce
Preparation: 10 minutes; cooking time: 8 hours
- 1/3 cup cherry fruit-only spread
- 1 tablespoon dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 12 ounces amber ale or non-alcoholic beer
- 2-3 pounds boneless pork shoulder roast (pork butt), cut into 2-3 pieces
Makes 8 servings
Each serving contains 221 calories, 22 grams protein, 9 grams fat (3 grams saturated), 9 grams carbohydrates, 70 milligrams cholesterol and 209 milligrams sodium.
-- Cherry Q Sauce from Grilling With Beer by Lucy Saunders; self-published; call 800-760-5998