BBQ Recipes: Greek Game Hens
From our friends at Weber.
Greek Game Hens with Lemon and Mustard
Prep time: 10 minutes
Marinating time: 2 hours
Grilling time: 45 to 60 minutes
- 36 ounces (3 cans/bottles) light beer
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon Weber® Grill Creations® Zesty Lemon Grill Seasoning, divided
- 4 Cornish game hens, 1-1/2 to 2 pounds each
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2. Remove and discard the giblets from the hens. Place the hens in the bowl with the beer and seasoning and submerge them as much as possible. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
3. Remove the hens from the bowl. Discard the marinade. Tie the legs of each hen together with kitchen twine. Tuck the tips of the wings behind each hen’s back.
4. In a small bowl mix the oil, lemon juice, mustard, and the remaining 1 tablespoon of seasoning. Using a spoon or brush, lightly coat the surface of each hen with the oil mixture.
5. Grill the hens, breast side up, over indirect medium heat (350°F to 450°F), with the lid closed as much as possible, until the juices run clear and the meat is no longer pink at the bone, 45 to 60 minutes. For darker browning on the breast sides, turn the hens over after 30 minutes of cooking. Remove from the grill and cut off the twine. Serve warm.
Makes 4 servings