.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Friday, August 25, 2006

Following the recipe - Farmhouse Barbecue Muffins

I got home late last night and knew that I'd have to make dinner for myself. So I stopped in at Stop and Shop and picked up some Pillsbury Biscuit Dough and a pack of shredded cheddar cheese. On the subway home I decided - it was time to cook some Farmhouse Barbecue Muffins. Click on the link for the original recipe.

In the refrigerator at home I knew I had some leftover rib meat from a previous cook and with my newly acquired ingredients, I was all set. So I chopped up the rib meat, spread out the biscuit dough into the muffin pans, added the meat and a dollop of commercial BBQ sauce, topped them with the cheese and baked the biscuits until they reached culinary excellence.

These were incredibly easy to make. I felt like Sandra Lee - almost all the ingredients were store bought. I substituted a commercial barbecue sauce for the sauce that the original recipe calls for. I also didn't heat the meat or the sauce - it went into the biscuit dough cold. One bit of advice, roll out the dough as you need it. I kept fighting with the biscuit dough to retain it's shape as it sat in the muffin tins waiting for the meat.

Man these were good. I'm sorry there's no pictures, they went too fast.

1 Comments:

At 7:58 AM, Blogger Backyard Chef said...

I've yet to see proof of you cooking....Hmmmm.

Just yoking witcha, Rob, or should I say "sandra"? Those sound yummilicious.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!