BBQ Recipes: Farmhouse Barbecue Muffins
RSS feeds are a wonderful thing. This recipe from Quad Cities Online hit my mailbox this morning and I thought I'd share. While I made one slight modification, and made it a much more authentic barbeque recipe, I think these could be really good. I'm going to make them the next time I have some left over pork or brisket.
Farmhouse Barbecue Muffins
- 1 tube (10 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 pound leftover pulled pork or shredded barbecue brisket. (The original recipe calls for ground beef)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
Separate dough into 10 biscuits; flatten into 5-inch circles. Press each into the bottom and up the sides of a greased muffin cup; set aside. In a skillet, brown ground beef; drain. In a small bowl, mix ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar and chili powder; stir until smooth. Add to meat and mix well. Divide the meat mixture among biscuit-lined muffin cups, using about 1/4 cup for each. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 375 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from tin and serving. Yield: 10 servings.
The author for this recipe is Laura Runco of Davenport