.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Friday, August 06, 2010

Death and Taxes

I recently switched over to Google's Chrome as my primary browser. While it works just fine it did a lousy job of importing my favorites so I haven't been haunting my usual internet haunts. Last night I launched Firefox and visited some old friends and found some pretty disturbing news.

1. My friend BD, or Buffalo Dick passed away suddenly. Now I've never met Dick, or Richard as he was christened, never spoke to him on the phone, but we regularly corresponded via the internet. His blog OPINIONS AND RECTUMS,WE ALL GOT ONE! was always one of my favorite reads full of great stories, cooking tips and yes opinions. He will be missed.

2. Butch Lupinetti of Butch's Smack Your Lips BBQ has also passed away. Butch was one of the larger than life characters you meet on the competitive barbeque circuit. He was a little man in stature, but he came with a huge heart and a hearty laugh. I don't think I ever saw anything but a smile on his face.

Butch was one of the first folks to welcome me into competitive barbecue as he attended my certified judging class held at Jack's Firehouse in Philadelphia and greeted me with a kiss and a hug after I walked as part of The BBQ Brethren team at my first event Guitarbeque. As far as I know Butch never maintained a blog which is a real shame. All the stories he could have told, but he can still be seen on Throwdown reruns.


Labels: , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 7:48 PM, Blogger Chris said...

BD's passing was a shock. He and I had a little back and forth on Sunday late in the afternoon so to find out that he had died before lunch that Monday was stunning. He will be missed in a huge way.

I didn't know much about Butch other than his Food Network appearances but that is another loss for the Q community.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!