.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

BBQ Restaurants: Fatty Cue

I finally had a chance to stop into Brooklyn's newest barbecue craze restaurant; Fatty Cue in Williamsburgh a couple of weeks back. I've been holding off writing this as I wanted to return and do a full blown review, but damn, this place is expensive! We spent about $50 (including tax and tip) on 3 items that could have passed for tapas. So rather than waiting for my wallet to fill up so that I can return, I thought I'd share some thoughts with you now.

We started with an Amuse Bouche that that chef sent out. It was smoked bay scallops with red curry, Thai basil and vermouth. Beautiful and tasty, and I wanted more, but this was barbecue?

We then had the Celery Salad (yuzu, Tianjin preserved cabbage, sesame oil - $6 for a small bowl that may have equated to 4 stalks of celery), the Heritage Pork Ribs (smoked fish/palm syrup, Indonesian long pepper - $14 for 4 of the largest, flatest and almost meatless ribs I've ever seen. I'm very surprised how meaty they look in the photograph. Trust me, they weren't.) and the Fazio Farm Red Curry Duck (sweet pickled daikon, smoked red curry - $19 for a piece of duck breast and two duck legs cut in half. I wonder what they do with the top half of the drumstick.)

The food is outstandingly flavorful. It was pretty amazing stuff. Each dish surpassed each other in flavor. The duck easily is the best duck in the city. The food is hard to pin down, but...

It's not barbecue. At least not how I know it. Barbeque is an American style of cooking tough and cheap meats over wood. Fatty Cue serves an Asian inspired menu that happens to use a smoker in some of its dishes. I can't imagine that I'll ever be jonesing for bbq and have Fatty Cue come to mind, but it certainly will when I'm flush and jonesing for some Asian food.

Enjoy the pictures. And check out Fatty Cue. It's worth the trip. You won't be transported across the Mason-Dixon, but you'll find yourself somewhere deep in Southeast Asia sucking up some great little dishes.


Fatty 'Cue on Urbanspoon

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Pulled Pork Sandwiches said...

Thanks for sharing your experience about the food in one of the great BBQ restaurant. The images of the dishes you have presented looks really beautiful and tasty. The style of serving the food makes the dishes more attractive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!