.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Monday, July 05, 2010

BBQ Events: The Big Apple BBQ Block Party

I'm a bad blogger. I'm an even worse "media" reporter. I was graciously given a "media" pass from the organizers of The Big Apple BBQ Block Party. I had plans to use it to get up into the faces of the pitmasters, take pictures of the food, sample it all and report back to you. Well, it sorta didn't happen.

I started out alright, but frankly I don't know if I'm cut out for the "media" position. I felt that I was intruding on the pitmasters on the day when they should be shining to the NYC masses and educating them all on the fine points of barbecue. And because of that, I didn't get up into the faces of the pitmasters, take pictures of the food, sample it all and report back to you.


But I did do some. Let me start off with a picture of one of the loveliest and most gracious people, I met that day. Just above this paragraph is Leslie aka "The Barbecue Princess,"from the Ubon's BBQ Company. Leslie made sure that I and my companion, Nancee of the Purple Turtle Catering Company were welcome and well fed at Ubon's trailer. Leslie even invited us back for an after event party that night.

Damn - that Ubon's was some good eating. The pulled pork sandwich was succulant and the meat very tender and flavorful. Now, I usually don't say this, but their "dipping" sauce made the sandwich. There were a lot of well done pulled pork sandwiches at the Block Party, but the sauce made the Ubon's sandwich shine in a very crowded galaxy. This is a very unique and infamous sauce. Buy some! I know I did.

Ubon's at the 2010 Big Apple BBQ Block Party New York City from Anthony Quintano on Vimeo.

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, Blogger Chilebrown said...

Oh come on! You are so humble. Maybe your bad journalist days make you a good blogger. Maybe your photo skills lack or your just lazy but We still enjoy reading your prose. Keep it up bro!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!