.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

I Need New Clothes!

Mo Gridder's being up for sale is keeping me from sleeping tonight. It's not so much my concern for the folks behind Mo's - for all I know this sale may be a good thing, something they've planned and longed for. But it's awakened a feeling in me that has been just below the surface for a long time, longer than this blog has been alive. I need to start cooking barbecue professionally. And I need to do it soon. I'm getting too damn old to be putting things off until the time is right. As any parent can tell you, the time is never right. The time comes when you accept it and deal with it. You make it work and you follow your dream. Climb any mountain. Ford any stream. Follow any rainbow. But as George Harrison sang, "If you don't know where you're going, Any road will take you there." Well, I've been "I've been traveling on a boat and a plane, In a car on a bike with a bus and a train,Traveling there and traveling here,Everywhere in every gear." It's time to get off my fat hairy ass and do what I want to do. No one will remember me for my contribution to the world's architecture, no one will remember me for my contribution to the world's information technology needs. But in the world of food and barbecue, there I can leave my mark. There's still time. And the time to start is now. It's time to plan and follow through. Enough of traveling on a wing and a prayer, By the skin of my teeth by the breadth of a hair, Traveling where the four winds blow, With the sun on my face - in the ice, and the snow. Oh and as Pete Townsend sang, "I need new clothes!"

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Mister Piglets said...

"fat hairy ass"????

TMI, my friend. But good luck following your dream. Just remember to enjoy the route as much as the destination.

 
At 2:31 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

So what contest you gonna make your first?

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger WhiteTrashBBQ said...

Stephen,

It's too late. I've cooked contests already. I don't do many as I simply can't afford to. On average a contest costs $1000 a weekend.

Next on my agenda is to judge Cape Cod.

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Best of luck, however you choose to proceed.

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Rene said...

good luck dude

-Rene

thebackyardsmoker.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!