.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A New Decade - A New Attitude


I had an interesting conversation with a friend today about WhiteTrash BBQ and he mentioned that he felt that WhiteTrash BBQ has become a blog "that seems to be holding back." Contemplating his comments, I think know he's right.

I have been holding back. I won't be anymore. I am re-targeting this blog to get back to my adventures in the barbecue world; be they good or bad. I'll talk about it all. Without care to outcome or to who winds up with sauce on their face. I've had to extradite my foot from my mouth many times in the past and if I have to do it again so be it.

I'm not looking to hurt anyone's feelings or to expose or promote anyone or any thing, but it's time to be honest again. (Well, I do promote myself and my interests and that will continue.)

I'm not going to worry about how any of my posts are perceived any longer. It takes too much work. I've spent hours composing posts from restaurant reviews, to comments about judging, to posts about the politics of barbecue and redacted anything I felt could cause controversy only to be slammed for my opinion time and time again. I'm done. To use an old phrase - let the chips fall where they may.

I want to get back to my thoughts. My feelings. Where I want to be.

I'm putting together Grillin' On The Bay for the 5th year now, and there are a lot of things to talk about. Things like putting together the event, getting the teams, the judges, the sponsors, the money etc and so forth. I don't think that's been covered anywhere on the net. At least not in a true fashion. It's all been sanitized for public consumption.

I think of myself primarily as a barbecue cook; not as a judge, an organizer or as a blogger. I plan to talk about that. Even though I wear many hats, I don't know how the barbecue community sees me. I'm giving up on my inner thoughts and condemnations for not being able to cook, judge, blog or even organize as much as I would like or as much as it seems others do. I still haven't found a way to make this pay my bills and until I do, WhiteTrash BBQ will always have to take second place to my family, my faith and my home and I'm not going to apologize for that.

I've got a few items that I promised to review and those posts will be going up this week. None of these products are barbecue related but after that, if it's not a product related to my barbecue adventure, and only I can define what that is, those products will not appear here.

There was a bravado that resonated around the NYC barbecue community when I started this blog. I'm claiming my spot again. I'm not going to be all to everyone, it's going to be all about me, me, and me. Sounds selfish doesn't it? But I believe it's the only way this is going to work. I hope you stick around.

7 Comments:

At 6:25 PM, Blogger nycbbqlover said...

Welcome back. We missed you!

 
At 11:28 AM, Anonymous SmokeInDaEye said...

Sounds like a plan!

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens and hope to learn a good bit.

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Laura Greenberg said...

If ever in Dallas check out these fantastic BBQ joints.

http://www.dmagazine.com/Home/D_Magazine/2010/February/The_Best_Barbecue_in_Dallas.aspx

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Terry (aka) Big Daddy said...

WhiteTrash BBQ will always have to take second place to my family, my faith and my home and I'm not going to apologize for that.

WhiteTrash BBQ is your baby, we as readers are part of your family, like it or not...

You have no reason to apologize my friend...

B.D.

 
At 5:16 AM, Anonymous epicureman said...

I look foward to reading your posts this year. Its always best to write about that which you have the most passion for...not matter what anyone thinks.

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Zydecopaws said...

Sounds like you are off too a good start. I think you'll find it a lot easier to get back in the saddle if you are speaking from your heart and not your head...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!