.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Friday, January 01, 2010

2010

I've never been one to make New Year's resolutions, but after the crap decade of the zero's, I think I need to restart, refocus and rethink almost every aspect of my life. 2010 sounds like a great time to start anew.

I want to look over everything; career, health, hobbies, education, employment, domicile, manner of dress, attitude; everything from top to bottom.

And that includes this blog. I've been writing this here WhiteTrash BBQ blog for five and a half years and I wonder if I've brought it as far as it's going to go in its present incarnation. What do I have left to say to you that would keep readers coming back?

Haven't I done it all before? Do you really want to read another post on the different types of wood used for cooking when I wrote one back in 2004? Do you want a new post on cooking using The Minion Method? If it's not fresh, new and interesting to me, how do I make it interesting to you?

I can talk about barbecue till the cows come home - but how many posts do you want to read about ribs, chicken, brisket or whatever? Is it becoming stale? Don't get me wrong, I still love barbecue and the flames, but have I said all I need and can say here? Is it time to close this book and start a new one?

The blog was created to "document my feelings, thoughts and creation process in creating the future World Championship BBQ team. White Trash BBQ. I will be creating the best BBQ in the world which will be available exclusively at my restaurant."

While I still want to have a world championship team, I wonder if starting a restaurant is a realistic goal at my "advanced" age. And if these two things are really my goal, why haven't I made more progress towards accomplishing them in the 5 1/2 year WTBBQ has been around? Am I being honest with myself? It's all coming full circle.

As I said at the beginning of this post, it's time to
restart, refocus and rethink.

EDIT: After getting a few emails, I need to clarify this post a little bit. I have not yet decided to pull the plug on WhiteTrash BBQ. I am rethinking it, I may retool it or I may decide to kill it. I'm just trying to figure out what's best for me and my future goals. Thanks for the comments and the insights. They're greatly appreciated and will help me determine the future of WhiteTrash.

3 Comments:

At 6:29 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I was going to talk you out of it until I remembered that I "killed" my previous blog in late 2008.

Do what you think is right for you. I'd hate to see this blog go away but understand. Maybe you could just reinvent your goals for the blog?

Either way, I appreciate every thing you have shared.

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Terry (aka) Big Daddy said...

I know how you feel, but don't kill the blog. It's a great way to get info and a good way to vent when you have too.

That's what the Grill was intended for was cooking but it evolved and took on a life of its own. Folks enjoy reading you and me. I know it a pain sometimes feeling you have to post something, but people understand when you can't.

I've had folks tell me I made them laugh and that made their day.

They have said what's he mad about? or they have come up and said I tried that recipe and my wife and kids liked it.

Don't give up brother. Believe me I understand.

B.D.

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger Chilebrown said...

You could write 5 or 6 times about wood and the minion method. We still would like to read about it. Thanks for your blog.

If you built a fire like that on the West Coast, You would have to check with our local government to see if they have granted permission to burn. 400 dollar fine to cross them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!