.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Weird Food?

Yesterday I was describing a dinner that I made to a friend of mine. It was a simple dinner, nothing fancy, but it's not something I make on a regular or even an infrequent basis. This meal was something I haven't made in a few years, but with the cold weather it fit the bill perfectly. It certainly isn't something totally unheard of, and for a while in the early 90's it was all the rage where I worked in Northern New Jersey. Versions of it had been hitting the blogs recently and they made me want to rediscover this old classic.

I told her what I made and her response was. "You always make such weird food." Weird food? C'mon. I do like to mix it up, but I don't think my food is weird.

So what was it? What was this weird concoction? Potato-Cheese soup accompanied by sour dough bread. This was a satisfying meal but so unremarkable that I didn't even consider taking pictures. To me, this dish is just plain ol' home cooking.

So you tell me - Do I always make such weird food?

5 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, Blogger Chris said...

potato cheese soup is "weird"? Hardly. I'm like you, seems like a good home cooked meal to me.

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

I get that comment a lot

always from people who eat out more than eat in

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Cary said...

Sure you make weird food, at least to those that don't know anything beyond the yellow arches.

 
At 9:31 PM, Anonymous Term Papers said...

It certainly isn't something totally unheard of, and for a while in the early 90's it was all the rage where I worked in Northern New Jersey.

 
At 4:34 AM, Anonymous Lisa said...

i keep experimenting a lot in my kitchen . it happens with me also. i take it with a pinch

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!