.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Friday, November 06, 2009

Long Island BBQ?

Wow - there's only one other barbecue restaurant participating in Long Island's Restaurant Week and that's Swing Belly's in Long Beach. Sorry you folks out in Suffolk County.

I haven't been to Swing Belly's myself, well at least not inside Swing Belly's but I have been to the building. (I showed up on a day when the winter hours were in effect. Always check before you go.) But, my buddy Gary, renowned barbecue expert and author of Pig Trip, which is "Your guide to BBQ joints in Boston, New York and everywhere in between" states that Swing Belly's is the best on Long Island. Try it out.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Anonymous pigtrip said...

Thanks for the mention. That review is almost two years old but after some return visits I still stand by my claim that Swingbelly's is the best of Long Island, and by a wide margin. I'll add some more recent photos as soon as I get a chance. Their chicken and brisket (only the sliced) in particular are the standouts, and they have some good wings with more interesting flavors now than on that first visit.

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Jason said...

I was in Long Island in June for a couple of concerts at Jones Beach and this place was recommended by the guys at BBQ Brethren.

I tried their wings, ribs and brisket. All of it was real good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!