.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

White Castle Pulled Pork Slider.

In the interest of all things "barbecue," late last night I had my first White Castle Pulled Pork Slider. And no, I hadn't been drinking.

I do have to admit that I have a certian fondness for the White Castle Cheeseburger. Out of all the big fast food chains, they are my favorite. But pulled pork? C'mon.

I was prepped for the worst, but I decided that I had to do it. This was a chance to check out some more mainstream barbecue. I did it for you my loyal readers.

Surprisingly what I got was a pulled pork sandwich that tasted like the barbeque pork sandwiches of my youth, before real barbecue had arrived in New York. It was tasty and dripping with the familiar red barbecue sauce found in almost every kitchen in America. Mind you, the White Castle Pulled Pork Slider is about as far away from real barbecue as their hamburgers are from the real deal, but I actually enjoyed it!

Would I get another one? In a New York minute.

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 4:25 AM, Anonymous Pittsburgh BBQ said...

I love White Castle, but to be honest I never tried this one myself, the Pulled Pork Slider. I'll give a shot to see what it tastes like, but I am sure prefer the BBQ cooked by me lol.

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I was cracking up reading this. Thanks for taking one for the team!

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Degüello BBQ said...

Kinda looks like a Sloppy Joe!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!