.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Sunday, August 09, 2009

Off the Track

This post has absolutely nothing to do with barbecue, live fire cooking, cooking, food or even eating. We'll return to that tomorrow, but today, it's a little lecture.

Take care of your eyes folks! They're the only ones you'll ever have.

Friday my two kids and I went to the local ophthalmologist for an exam. As you may know, my daughter is diabetic so she goes to the ophthalmologist every year. My son, told us that his vision was getting a little fuzzy and I was due for a new prescription as well and hadn't been to a real eye doctor in about 20 years, so we had a little family bonding time at the eye doctor's office.

I've never had such a thorough exam in my life. The doctor first saw us at 11:00 AM, and we didn't leave until about 3:30! Our eyes were checked for vision, dryness, spacial acumen, glaucoma and God knows whatever else. They performed tests I didn't even know existed. Results were mixed, as one condition has appeared that needs to be monitored for the next year. I'm glad we went a professional!

No disrespect for the guys at the mall, but sometimes you just gotta go to the pros. Need to know the difference between an Ophthalmologist, Optician, and Optometrist? Click here. It answered my questions.

Take care of your eyes folks.

1 Comments:

At 5:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I completely agree!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!