.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

BBQ Meats: Sograte BBQ and Beef Jerky

I've been using Twitter for some time now, and I have to say I really haven't figured out how to use it to my advantage. When I first started so many of the tweets were absolutely useless information. Tweets like "I'm at the park" or "Just back from dinner. Yum" seemed to dominate when I first signed up.

Now it seems that the twits are getting focused. About a month ago there was a tweet from Sograte offering free samples of his all natural hickory smoked beef jerky to anyone who responded. I don't know how many others responded, but I know a good offer when I see it. I jumped on it.

About a week later two bags of jerky arrived in my mailbox. I was expecting small sample packages, but Sograte sent two full 3oz bags of jerky! Nice.

My "samples" were a bag of "Black Pepper Beef Jerky" and "Texas Heat." Both were large strips of beef very unlike the commercial processed foods available in all the 7-11's across the US. This beef jerky is dry, but pliable and obviously made from quality meat and spices.

Both were very flavorful and addictive. I first sampled the jerky with a former vegan. She enjoyed it so much that I had to stop her before she consumed both bags. I wanted to take some home for the family! That night the family and I finished it off.

Both jerkys have some heat but oddly, the "Black Pepper Beef Jerky" was spicier than the "Texas Heat." I loved the slight smokiness flavor to the jerky. After eating tons of BBQ in my life, smoke taste is very important to me. I could tell that this smoke was the real deal; no chemcial liquid smoke flavor here. Sograte is one of the few manufacturers that makes its jerky over a live hickory smokehouse fire.

So to Sograte - thanks for the outstanding beef jerky. And to you my faithful readers, go buy some! It's available online here. Trust me, this is good stuff.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!