.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Monday, July 27, 2009

BBQ Ingredients: Chicken Grillables from Barber Foods

I received a new product in the mail a couple of weeks ago; Chicken Grillables from Barber Foods. I finally got a chance to try them out yesterday between the intense rain storms. I was looking to grill and I was looking for something I could grill quickly because all afternoon it was pouring for 10 minutes, clear for 20 minutes and pouring again for 10. I guess the gods of weather gods were battling it out. Chicken Grillables fit the bill nicely.

Chicken Grillables are seasoned chicken patties designed to be a healthier alternative to beef hamburgers; each chicken patty only has 140 calories. They're shaped like a traditional burger, fit on a bun like a traditional burger and are cooked like a traditional burger. As any prepacked frozen hamburger, they go straight from the freezer on to the grill. Cook on each side for 6 to 7 minutes and they're ready to eat.

So how did they taste? Pretty good. Moist and flavorful, but I've had that flavor before. After some discussion, my wife and I concluded that they taste just like the original Burger King Chicken Sandwich. Very interesting. I wonder if Barber Foods makes the chicken for Burger King's Chicken Sandwich.

Would I buy the Chicken Grilllables? Yup. I like Burger King's Original Chicken Sandwich and I can get all that flavor without the added fat and calories provided by the king.

Chicken Grillables sell in packs of 4 for between $7 and $8 wherever Barber foods are sold.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 4:34 PM, Blogger oregonphotography said...

Do you just nuke these suckers, BBQ em' or what do you do?

Thom
BBQing Tips From Deep In The Heart Of Oregon

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I saw this on another blog and have a serious question. How the heck do you all keep getting product samples for review? Did you register somewhere or do they just contact you out of the blue?

I just didn't know if it was a matter of longevity, traffic, reputation, geography, demographic, or what. I'm just curious because I notice certain blogs seem to get a lot of testing material while others (and I am DEFINITELY not talking about mine) that may have higher production quality, traffic and comments don't.

I'm just trying to figure out the method to their madness. I never really thought about it before until you got selected to test the Bubba Keg and then I thought to myself, "Damn....now THAT's something I wouldn't mind getting to test out!"

And for the record? I like the BK original chicken too! (If only the lettuce they put on it is at least relatively fresh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!