Bon Appetit's Top 10 BBQ Joints
If you don't want to get out the grill and smoke up your yard, here are 10 restaurants recommended for their barbecue by Bon Appetit magazine's July issue.
- Stacy's Smokehouse BBQ in Phoenix at 1650 E. Indian School Road
- Bulldog Barbecue in North Miami at 15400 Biscayne Blvd.
- Rolling Bones BBQ in Atlanta at 377 Edgewood Ave., SE
- The Joint in New Orleans at 801 Poland Ave.
- Zingerman's Roadhouse in Ann Arbor, Mich., at 2501 Jackson Ave.
- Fette Sau in Brooklyn, N.Y., at 354 Metropolitan Ave. in Williamsburg
- Formaggio Kitchen in Cambridge, Mass., at 244 Huron Ave.
- Slows Bar BQ in Detroit at 2138 Michigan Ave.
- The Pit in Raleigh, N.C., at 328 W. Davie St.
- Martin's Bar-b-que Joint in Nolensville, Tenn., at 7215 Nolensville Road.
There you have it folks, BBQ from the folks at Bon Appetit.
Nothing in Texas? South Carolina? Alabama? There's some great names on their list, but some leave me scratching my head. Formaggio Kitchen in Cambridge isn't even listed on Pig Trip which is the definitive guide to barbecue restaurants in Massachusetts and their website doesn't even mention barbeque. Get real here.
I wonder what the criteria was for their selections. Personally, I don't think that Fette Sau belongs on this list, you can do much better in NYC, even in Brooklyn. Where did they find some of these folks? C'mon folks.