.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Dinner at RUB; Part 2

Let's talk about dinner. I think we had everything on the menu except for the duck.

The Pickled Pig made the trip with us to visit RUB

In-house Pastrami, in-house Sausage and Pulled Pork.

The sausage is very similar to Kreuz, but better. The pastrami could give Katz a run for its money and the pulled pork was simply fantastic.

Turkey, Brisket and Ham.

I love ham anytime and this didn't disappoint. The turkey was moist and flavorful and a vast improvement from the last time I had it. It has inspired me. I'm smoking a turkey this weekend. And what can I say about the brisket? As I've said a few times in the blog, brisket is not my favorite meat. A long time friend and former chef once told me that if you don't like something, you've never had it cooked properly. Well, I like brisket now.

Ribs - Sorry but I don't have any pictures of the chicken.

What can I say about the ribs - perfect as presented. No sauce. Moist, tender and flavorful. As Eric Johnson from Mr. Bobo’s Traveling BBQ All Stars says,"These ribs would take any competition."

Sides: Collard Greens, Cornbread, Onion Strings fried in lard, Potato Salad and Baked Beans.

The onion strings are fried in lard and totally addictive. Sweet, salty and crispy; how can you go wrong? I didn't get any cornbread, but my wife and a long time friend raved about how it was more cake like than the traditional gritty bread. Celeste, manager and hostess for the evening, told us that she sometimes uses it for French Toast. The potato salad was one of the best I've had in a restaurant. I even liked the collard greens.

I tell you folks, you gotta get to RUB soon. Everything was so good.

Rub BBQ on Urbanspoon

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Blogger DivaQ said...

Everything looks amazing!

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Robert said...

That pastrami looks absolutely fantastic! I had Katz's a few years ago, which was one of my most glorious eating experiences ever, but based on the picture alone you may be right that RUB can give Katz's a decent challenge.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!