Recipes: Mount Olympus Meatball Kabobs
This just in from Weber...
Mount Olympus Meatball Kabobs
Serves: 4 to 6
Prep time: 15 minutes
Marinating time: 2 to 8 hours
Grilling time: 8 to 10 minutes
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 1 small red onion, roughly chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves
- 3/4 pound ground lamb
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 ounces English cucumber
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco® sauce
- Extra-virgin olive oil
combine the contents of the food processor with the remaining meatball ingredients.
Blend and squeeze the mixture with your hands until it is well combined. Lightly wet
your hands with cold water, then shape the mixture into meatballs about 1-1/2
inches in diameter (you should have 20 to 25 meatballs). Thread long, wide skewers
through the center of the meatballs, about 4 to 5 meatballs per skewer, leaving a
little room between each meatball. Place the kabobs on a sheet pan, cover, and
refrigerate for 2 hours, or as long as 8 hours.
2. Grate the cucumber. Drain in a colander and squeeze out most of the moisture. In
a medium bowl whisk the cucumber with the remaining sauce ingredients. Cover and
refrigerate until ready to serve.
3. Lightly brush or spray the kabobs on all sides with oil. Grill over direct medium
heat (350° to 450°F), with the lid closed as much as possible, until fully cooked, 8
to 10 minutes, gently rotating meatballs 2 or 3 times during grilling. Serve warm
with the sauce.
© 2005 Weber-Stephen Products Co. Recipe from Weber’s Real Grilling™ by Jamie Purviance. All rights reserved.