.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

I Need To Cook

They say your'e innocent when you dream, and last night I was dreaming about barbecue. Yes, I dream about barbecue. It was a strange dream, but this is what a remember.

Apparently I was a contestant for Top Chef, which was taking place at a campground. I was alone in the campsite and was making burnt ends, the succulent twice smoked cubes of brisket, out of pork shoulder cubes when I realized that I didn't have anything for the elimination challenge that night.

I left my burnt ends smoking and headed to the local supermarket, which is someplace I've been to in real life but I don't remember the name, but I'm pretty sure it's a market somewhere in New Hampshire, to buy ingredients for the elimination challenge. I needed lamb, and the supermarket only had one small boneless leg. I bought that and asked for more. The store was closing and the cashier kept calling me by name to the register while the butcher searched for more lamb, eventually delivering me a frozen solid prime rib of beef all the while claiming that it was lamb.

I purchased those meats, along with some strange Korean labeled honey and a lot of baby bok choy and left the store confident that I would win the challenge even though I had slept through the quick fire challenge and had no idea what the elimination challenge was.

Then came the realization that I was asleep and this was all a dream. I need to cook.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 12:35 PM, Blogger Chris said...

You had a Top Chef dream and it DIDN'T include Padma at some point? tsk tsk

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger Backyard Chef said...

Hahahaha.....Good one, Chris!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!