.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

BBQ Restaurant: Spanky's Closing

This just in from Eater via PigTrip....

"Heartland Brewery's barbecue joint Spanky's will close its doors tomorrow after a private farewell party. They'll replace it in March with HB Burger."

Damn. Another of my recommended BBQ places closing down. In my original review I wondered how long Spanky's would survive, but they had a pretty good run for a NYC restaurant, around 3 years. While their BBQ wasn't the best, it was OK and I was rooting for them. Let's just say the outstanding Heartland beers paid for a myriad of sins!

But unfortunately I found myself returning only for the beer and not the food and I guess others must have felt the same way. So long Spanky!

PS. The folks over at Heartland don't waste anytime. Take a look at Spanky's website and you'll be re-directed to the new HB Burger menu. And I must say that I find the new menu rather boring and predictable. There's nothing there to attract me to the new restaurant, but I still wish them well.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:44 PM, Blogger Terry (aka) Big Daddy said...

Trash, there are so many Restaurants closing down here it's not funny...it's scary.

Is it the food or the service or both?

The economy has become so scary that before long everybody will be back to eating Spam and crackers, Mac & Cheese, and Hambuger Helper...

B.D.

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Backyard Chef said...

Hey, Terry, what do you mean before long? Actually, I hate spam.

I think we've just begun to see the closings here in NYC. I think our local economy is catching up to what's happening in other parts of the country now. Restaurant biz has been off about 30% from usual earnings. Except McDonald's, which is thriving.

Go figure....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!