.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Here Piggy Piggy Piggy

So where in the naked city can one get a whole smoked pig? I called around town using Gary's (with one r) site Pigtrip, which lists the BBQ joints in the city for my starting point and worked my way from there. Pigtrip saved me an enormous amount of time and weeded out many of the pseudo 'que places listed under BBQ in the phone book.

If you're a restaurant owner or a pitmaster and you serve whole smoked pig, and by some chance I missed your place, please let me know.

I have not included caterers in my list. I would assume that just about every BBQ caterer can provide you with a whole smoked pig. But don't assume anything. ASK. I was surprised by the responses of some of the places I called where I assumed they would cook whole pig. And you know what happens when one assumes don't you?

As promised, here's the list of the barbecue joints that sell whole smoked pigs. Let me be clear here, all of the bbq joints listed require advance notice when you want a whole pig; you can't just walk in and take one home. As far as I can tell, only Daisy May's has a whole pig on the menu; everywhere else you'll have to ask for it special.

So if you're craving whole smoked pig in two days or so, try any of the following...

In Manhattan
In the wild outer Boroughs (Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island)
Well, that's all I have. I called every place on Gary's list and you'd be surprised by some of the answers I received. Some of the folks answering the phones didn't even seem to grasp the concept of a whole smoked pig, but that's a post for another time. Enjoy!

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Deja vu, I was just reading this over at the NBBQN forum :)

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Terry (aka) Big Daddy said...

Saw it on Mattt's blog, ole' Backyard did a fine looking job.

Thanks for the tip on the beer, you're 100 precent right about that fact my friend.

B.D.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!