.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Friday, September 12, 2008

Enough

This post is not about barbecue. This post is not about food. If you want to read about that stuff, please go somewhere else today, but come on back tomorrow when I return to our previously scheduled programming already in progress.

This post is because I am fed up with politics and reporting in America.

I don't give a shit about lipstick.
I don't give a shit about a rich man having many houses.
I don't give a shit about a man's alleged computer literacy.
I don't give a shit about celebrity.
I don't give a shit about pantsuits, suits or lapel pins.
I don't give a shit about scenery at a convention.
I don't give a shit about who's having a baby.
I don't give a shit about who was a POW or who hung out with radicals 20 years ago.
I don't give a shit if they're black or white.
I don't give a shit if they're male or female.
I don't give a shit about the myriad of other non-issues that our politicians and media flood our alleged newspapers, blogs and newscasts with.

I love this country and I want to hear about the real issues.

I want to know what they're going to do about our economy.
I want to know what they're going to do about our security.
I want to know how they're going to restore our system of checks and balances.
I want to know what they're going to do about our energy needs.
I want to know what they're going to do about the environment.
I want to know what they're going to do about foreign relations.
I want to know what they're going to do about the social ills that impede our progress to a more perfect union.
I want to be spoken to like an adult capable of making decisions on the real issues that face me, my family, my nation and the world.

I don't give a shit about the pabulum we're being force fed every day.
I want to spit it all back.

I want real change.
From our politicians and from our media.
Maybe then, we'll have change I can believe in.

God bless America. We need it.

12 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to know what they're going to do about our economy.

Obama will INCREASE the taxes on capital gains from 15% to 28%. He will also double the amount of money (from 50 BILLION to 100 BILLION) "refunded" to people who pay ZERO income tax.

I want to know what they're going to do about our security.

Obama will talk to the world. He will run from EVERY fight ala Jimmy Carter. He will NEVER do what it takes to defend this country. He just does not have the balls. He is a pacifist.

I want to know how they're going to restore our system of checks and balances.

Sorry, that won't EVER happen because no matter who you elect, the fox's are watching the hen house. They only care about themselves. There is no over site. They "police" themselves. What a joke.


I want to know what they're going to do about our energy needs. Obama won't drill anywhere. He won't allow nuclear plants, coal plants, new refineries or even windmills. He WILL add $1 a gallon (minimum) tax on gasoline to make it impossible for the average person to afford gas, thereby lowering consumption.


I want to know what they're going to do about the environment. Obama will let Al Gore make those decisions for you so be prepared to buy carbon credits(whatever they are) from Al's company. Pretty convenient, for Gore anyway.


I want to know what they're going to do about foreign relations.

Obama will appease any country or tyrant that is upset with us. He will let the UN and the European Nations dictate to us what will be expected of us.


I want to know what they're going to do about the social ills that impede our progress to a more perfect union.

What you call social ills, Obama calls progress. Remember Obama is fine with murdering a full term baby 3 minutes before its born. He voted for that.

 
At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen.

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger BlueMule said...

Well put, my freind.

 
At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will NOT be voting for John McCain.

I will however be pulling the McCain lever to keep Sen Obama out of the White House. He is not ready to lead. He could not walk away from Rev Wright or Mr. Ayers so he either agreed with them or did not have the fortitude to disassociate himself from them. Either way he showed his true colors.

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Terry (aka) Big Daddy said...

Well said my friend...

B.D.

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger James said...

I agree entirely!

>> I want to be spoken to like an adult capable of making decisions on the real issues that face me, my family, my nation and the world.

This is how I made my choice. One of the candidates speaks to me like an adult. One of them doesn't.

It's just that simple.

 
At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, well said. On a slightly different note, it's a sad election when I'm trying to decide who to vote against, instead of who to vote for. But now I can vote for Sarah Palin, and I'm good with that.

 
At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have MULTIPLE issues with John McCain:

He wants to give amnesty to all the illegals and their families.

He will not drill in Anwar.

McCain Feingold.

He is anti abortion.



I only have ONE issue with Obama:


HE SCARES THE CRAP OUT OF ME!!!

McCain08

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Bossman Bar-B-Que said...

MAN this is WHY this site ROCKS! I agree with you my brother, If we could only have a HUGE BBQ and work everything out...LOL This COuntry is the best in the World, to bad we can't put the BEST representative of the people in office to show the world why we are the best!

Bossman

 
At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is because Obama is young and inexperienced with Washington, it is because he has not been in the game long enough to sell his principles and submit himself into another agenda pocket, THAT HE SHOULD BE PRESIDENT.

He is not a pacifist. He is a negotiator, something that has lacked in past administrations. He wants to reach agreements with the world, not impose his iron, will be in wrong or right.

He will go to war where needed and he will be a firm commander in chief. He is strong because he is young. He understands the world better than McCain, who sees the world from a generation ago.

I will be voting Obama because I love this country and think that he wants to serve our needs, not fat cats, hedge funds, idiots and mis-informed bias media agencies.

You are entitled to your opinion. But make sure that you know that facts before you make a desicion. I like McCain as a man, but he wont make a good president.

We Americans have to open our eyes to the world around us! We are not the leaders of this changing world anymore, but we are still an important part of it. Stop worrying about false arguements...

 
At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree wholeheartedly. There's too much craptalk going on and not enough talk about the issues.

But (and I'm from the great state of Arizona), McCain is a geezer who's libel to kick the bucket while in office (in the next four to eight years). Do I want the former mayor of a mosquito-filled Alaskan podunk town as my president??? I don't think so.

And you say Obama doesn't have experience?

 
At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sometimes it what you feel then what real and who you think will do the most good for this county, and not becaue you scare of what they are, it should be what they wont do that should scare you the most.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!