.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Sunday, August 03, 2008

Down!

Hey boys and girls, Blogger was down for the count for a few days and nothing could be posted. Well, we're back now and it's a new week.

It seems like my post about judging Harpoon has raised a few eyebrows and bunched up some panties. I just wish that the conversations and comments would happen here and not on other BBQ boards. Post your comments where I can see them folks.

This happens whenever I post opinions about my experiences judging or competing. One member of one of the teams threatened to file a complaint with KCBS because after judging I was "boasting how "poor" the food was and how everyone presented the same "Taste" ? and in light of this decided that the scores would reflect what he thought was a poor overall effort."

What I find really interesting about this comment is that when I was "boasting" last year about how great the food was at Harpoon, no one complained. Ain't that always the case?

I take my judging responsibilities seriously. I judge the food from 9 to 2 based upon the rules and my training as a judge. I judge it as I see it and taste it. If you could look at my score cards from Harpoon, my scores ranged from 9 to 5. Everyone got a fair shake. Talking with the other judges at my table we were pretty much in agreement with what was good and what was "poor."

The whiny cooks really piss me off and I get tired of all the whining and scape goating. If your team didn't do well look at the food, don't blame the judges. I don't like giving a low score or getting one when I compete. But if I get a low score, I suck it up and put the blame where it belongs, on me.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Blogger Chris said...

My panties are not bunched....I'm not WEARING any!

I'm glad I don't compete. Especially after my spares finished overdone yesterday at 5 hours. They weren't burnt, just fall of the bone. Everyone but me loved them.

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Terry (aka) Big Daddy said...

That's the WhiteTrashBBQ I know.
That's what I'm talkin' about...

B.D.

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

That's funny Robert, hey all you whiny cooks with your panties in a bunch, come discuss this on my blog!

I'm not sure that vibe is going to encourage much participation.

Sure cooks have bad days and should accept the results. But I'd maintain judges can have a bad too.

-Chris
IQUE

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger WhiteTrashBBQ said...

Hart2001,

That made me laugh. You certainly have a valid point. I didn't look at it from that point of view.

In my post I meant that if the cook is responding to my comments or actions, that they should post on my blog where I'll be certain to see them, not on one of the numerous BBQ forums. As long as there are no direct attacks, I'll post all opinions.

I agree, cooks and judges can both have bad days. And I'll take it a step further, both can make bad decisions.

Robert

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!