.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Damn Judges!

Back from New Paltz and let me tell you, them damn judges don't know squat.

One judge had the audacity to boast about how there was nothing spectacular and that most of the food was just "OK." The nerve of that rat bastard! I thought he was my friend and to hear that the food sucked. Man, oh man, that was just too much.

Doesn't he know how much time effort and money went into preparing that food that to his "refined and educated" palette was just "OK"? Shouldn't I be rewarded with better scores simply because I cooked? Damn.

Then, another judge was pontificating on how the food this year wasn't as good as last years! WTF?

Damn judges! I may never judge again!

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Blogger Reilly Fox said...

I'm sorry that I missed you up there. Where were you located? I stopped by Sunday to say hi to people but I guess it just didn't work out.

Did you enjoy yourself at the event? Was it run well?

Come out to Will's on the 30th.

Eric

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi there!

Was very nice meeting you in person at the Ribfest! Sad i didn't get to try any of your turducken though :(

Those judges were so way off! was the whole thing fixed? or are they just dense? I really don't think many of them had much experience or knew what they were doing. The rankings were way off.

thanks fer bloggin!

Best,
jamey poole

PS enjoyed your chili at the throwdown very much! DELISH!

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger meathenge said...

Ouch !!!

I judged the Championships here last Saturday, 60 teams and 66 judges. Out of the 6 pieces from each round, there was usually about 1 to 2 that stood well on their own. And there was one poor team that had mishandled their fire and it was all fuelly. I tasted about 6 pounds of meat, but don't know if I had a chance to taste the winners er not.

I had a guy next to me that wouldn't stop going on about how awesome he is and how well he does everything and all the stuff he cooks all the time. He said with relish about how he likes all his meat far past well done. WTF? So, when the tritip and brisket showed up, the dry & pasty got high marks. My 2nd choice on the tritip was pretty darned rare, but it was so good! He wouldn't touch it.

Tee hee, one poor soul did beef ribs instead of pork and was disqualified. The table said the ribs were really good though ...

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger James said...

Don't let a few noisy losers spoil your fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!