.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

WhiteTrash in the Media

I was just interviewed on AgriTalk - The voice of rural America with Mike Adams and I have to say it was not my best performance. Mike is somewhere out in the heartland of America and I'm sitting here in Brooklyn. I've never met Mike or listened to his show before the request came in for an interview and it showed in our conversation.

We spoke over the phone and it was hard to get a feel for Mike or what he and the audience wanted to talk about. I felt like I was a kid again and a friend just dropped a phone in my lap saying "Here, talk to Mike" without knowing anything about him. The awkward silences were not good radio.

I don't think I'll be doing any more phone interviews.

2 Comments:

At 12:04 PM, Blogger PJay said...

Dude, you are way hard on yourself. Just listened to the podcast on agritalk's site and the only thing I can say negative about your part was you sometimes faded out while talking. That could be due to alot of things of which you had no control over. I didn't hear as many pauses as you think you made.

All in all, it was good info that you gave out - stuff that a bbq newbie could definitely use and apply.

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger WhiteTrashBBQ said...

Thanks for the kind words PJ. I'll take that into consideration when the next offer comes up.

I've done live TV and radio and I think I work best when I can physically interact with another person. It's hard to know where to steer the conversation when all you have is the phone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!