.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Merder Bergers!

Sorry for the lousy picture, I took this with my camera phone and only after I decided to blog about my meal.

I was never much of a fan of McDonald's and the rest of the fast food places burgers and for some reason my experiences with their burgers soured me on buying burgers in any restaurant.

But lately I've rediscovered the wonders of a diner, bar or local fast food hamburger. For the same price you pay for a burger meal in any of the fast food chains, you can get a real burger in most diners, local fast food place or bar.

Wheeler's bar in Brooklyn has a great burger.

But Chicken Masters of Sheepshead Bay has a really great burger. Vinnnie's "bergers" For $6.49 you get a "Char Broiled, old fashioned freshly ground not frozen 7 oz beef berger" with fries, lettuce and tomato" It is cooked to order and is damn tasty.

But yesterday, I decided it was time to try a "Merder Berger." Same meat patty but with chopped pickled hot peppers mixed into the meat. Spicy, juicy, hand ground and formed and flame broiled. Now that's an outstanding berger!

Chicken Masters on Urbanspoon

4 Comments:

At 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. This is when I wish you had your real camera. I'm using my imagination to simulate the delciousness of melted cheese and spicy, char broiled beef. Throw some well done bacon on this puppy and you're in serious business. This is my kind of grub. Nice work.

I ate at a place called Island Burger tonight and had a bacon cheeseburger with jack and guacamole and sauteed onions, keep an eye out for that, it rivals this in delicious sloppiness.

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger WhiteTrashBBQ said...

Island Burger on 9th? I love that place, but if I remember correctly, their burgers aren't grilled.

I've got to find my camera!

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Chris said...

The burger looks great. The best ones do come from dives, don't they?

On the potato salad question, we tested it with 5 people. 4 of the 5 said the same thing, "That's the best potato salad I've had...but it's not for this group." so we ended up going with a basic southern style potato salad, instead.

But I am making some more of the jalapeno potato salad this weekend to go with some filet's before watching the fight. I can't wait:)

 
At 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the Boston area, there is a little bar in Somerville called the Druid that has the best burger I've ever had. I had no desire to put anything like BBQ sauce on it - the meat, cheese, bun, lettuce, and tomato were perfect. Go Druid.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!