.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Blowin' Smoke

We all know that Rachael Ray shills for Dunkin Doughnuts. Rachael " Exudes a certain air of authority that should be useful to Dunkin', especially when she takes a sip of her coffee and authoritatively declares it "delish,"" according to the Chicago Sun Times.

But does she actually drink their coffee? I'm not so sure.

Back in January, Grub Street published the following...

"A friend of Grub Street writes us:


So a friend of mine was on set last week as Rachael Ray filmed her latest Dunkin' Donuts commercial. According to her, Rachael stormed onto the set and snapped at everyone. Not news, I know, everyone knows she's actually a gigantic asshole. BUT! I am also told she took one sip of her Dunkin' Donuts coffee, yelled “What is this shit? Get me MY coffee,” and would not continue until she was given “her” coffee — i.e., Starbucks."



It gets worse. Look at what the mail man delivered today, Every Day With Rachael Ray. In the June/July 2008, Every Day With Rachael Ray on page 36, Rachael sings the praises of Newsbar, writing....

"I always drop by this bustling coffee shop for the the great iced coffee and tea and yummy sandwiches."

Hmm, what exactly does Dunkin Doughnuts sell? Coffee? Iced Coffee? Tea? Yummy Sandwiches? All of the above if you listen to Rachael's TV ads.

So which is it Rach? Dunkin Doughnuts? Starbucks? Newsbar? Do you even drink Dunkin Doughnuts coffee or eat their food? Or are you just another corporate shill?

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel either way about her but why such anger and hatred over Rachel Ray? I say pull out the smoker and put your fire in that instead. :)

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger WhiteTrashBBQ said...

Hye Gm,

I don't have any anger or hatred over Rachel Ray, actually I like her. I think she's getting over exposed. Tonight a new show popped up over on the Food Network - something about ball park food, and I found myself saying, not another one and changing the channel.

And with overexposure, she'll begin to loose credibility. Does she run on Dunkin like she claims, or is it all just selling as the Grub Street article implies?

All Rachael has is her personality, which love her or hate her is strong. To me, she comes off as an honest everyday woman.

Keep shilling for whomever offers the most money and she'll loose even that. She needs to learn when to say no.

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I am the same way. Used to love watching her 30 minute meals and even the $40 a day.

But just like Emeril, they over exposed her so much that when I see either of them now, I change the channel without even waiting to see what they are doing.

 
At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish she would expose more of herself.

I do whatever she tells me to.

I have every episode of every one of her shows on my DVR.

I think she is the second coming.

 
At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I think she is the second coming."


I know Willcat from another board...

....What he meant to say was

"I'll take sloppy seconds"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!