Barbecue in New York
Competitive BBQ in New York has really taken off over the last couple of years. When I got started only a few years ago, the only barbeque contest in New York was the Grill Kings. The Grill Kings is no more, but it opened the flood gates for competitive barbecue in New York. You can now attend a competitive barbecue contest no matter where you live in the state.
But it's not only in New York. Competitive barbecue is the nation's fastest growing sport. The Kansas City Barbeque Society now sanctions over 300 barbecue contests each year. You can find a listing of all KCBS events on their website.
But if you don't want to wade through events for the entire country, you find a barbeque event in New York right here. I, the ever benevolent WhiteTrash, give your this list of BBQ events in New York state in chronological order for this year. Enjoy.
- Smoke n' Steam - Oyster Bay, Long Island, May 10, 2008
- Grillin' On The Bay - Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn, June 7, 2008
- I Love BBQ Festival - Lake Placid, NY, July 4, 2008
- Troy Pig Out, Troy NY, July 18, 2008
- Hudson Valley Ribfest, New Paltz, August 15, 2008
- Oinktoberfest, Clarence, September 26, 2008
- Battle of the BBQ Brethren, Sayville, October 25, 2008
See you on the circuit folks!