.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Thursday, April 10, 2008

A Day in the Life of a Brooklyn Driver

Sorry for the lack of updates this week. On Monday afternoon I was on my way to a wake for a good friend's father. About a mile from my house I was in a car crash and I'm in quite a bit of pain right now. My daughter's got some pictures and we'll get them posted up on line soon, but my little red Suzuki is no more.

As I was waiting at a red light, a woman in a US Post Office uniform crashed into the rear of my car. The force of the impact knocked me into a Toyota in front of me and pinned my car into a school bus on the left.

After totaling my car and causing a four car collision, this woman got out of her Lincoln Navigator, with her "diva" and "chocolate divas" stickers all over the Navigator, looked around and left. I don't know why but while I was on the phone with 911, I had enough sense to get her license plate. Something told me she was going to bolt.

What kind of person causes a four car accident, involving school children and an elderly driver of the Toyota, leaves the scene?

Now I hear that the registered owner of the car is denying being the driver. I don't know for sure, since the driver didn't speak to anyone before leaving the scene of the accident, but the registered owner is a woman who's name matches the ethnicity of presumed driver. I hope I get to do a police lineup. I can identify her. I saw her.

To this driver whomever she is, I just hope she's having as a many sleepless nights as I am since the accident. Not from the physical pain as I am, but from the pain of a guilty conscience.

Accidents happen baby. Leaving the scene is unforgivable and criminal.

5 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, Blogger meathenge said...

Holy crap !!!

Keep us updated mang, am most interested to know the outcome. I wasn't involved and am getting pissed off.

How'd your xrays turn out? Demerol? Oh, juicy demerol, how I love you. Or dilaudid, that's even better.

Biggles

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Rev. Smoke said...

That sucks! People who run away and hide from their mistakes are the worst kind of person.

I hope you feel better.

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Cate said...

So sorry to hear about the accident, Robert! Hoping you're on the mend soon. :)

 
At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unbelievable! Hope you're feeling better and that they tracked down that other driver!

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger neil said...

I'm thinking drunk driver, they're usually the ones who leave. Hope you're much better now. What a shitty thing to do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!