.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Monday, March 10, 2008

Ruby's Barbeque

This review of Ruby's BBQ on Guadalupe came into my mailbox today. Look at all that smoky goodness. That plate is pretty typical of what the barbeque places in Texas serve. Meat, bread, beans and pickles on a piece of butcher paper. No cheese? These guys must be on a diet.

I'm sure that plate has been cleaned up and staged a bit for the photograph, but no matter how much the "Texas style" places in NYC try, they can't compete with the originals. I can taste that food just by looking at it. Better yet, I can smell it. I'm ready to head back to Austin right now.

Damn. I must be feeling better, that photograph is making me hungry!

Photo Credit: Jim Merithew/Wired

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 6:31 PM, Blogger Chris said...

That reminds me....I have got to work on pinto beans.

 
At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude that looks good. I haven't gone to Austin yet, but my sister returned recently with a bottle of Salt Lick mustard-style sauce that I am going to review soon...

Hope your feeling better

B

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Cary said...

Barbecue is like a spiritual experience and small, family run barbecue joints are the temple. I always felt like chain or franchise barbecue goes against everything that barbecue is about. It's no longer about slow cooked food for the neighborhood friends and family to enjoy at their own leisure, but fast paced, mass produced, oven cooked, money machine.

Having said that, Rudy's has done an outstanding job at keeping the small family run feeling while running a chain of stores. The barbecue is cooked over wood and has a very bold oak flavor in every tasty bite. The meats are always flavorful and well cooked and served with traditional Texas barbecue sides. The picture you posted is a very accurate representation of an order of Rudy's barbecue. Makin me hungry, I know what I'm having for lunch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!