.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

New Adventures in Food

It was an interesting night last night. I cooked. Well, I sorta cooked. I made two things I've never made before. First up was Hamburger Helper, Four Cheese Lasagna. Oh my God, I don't think I've ever tasted something so foul in all my borne days. How this orange goop has any resemblance to lasagna is a mystery to the entire family.

After that my daughter decided to experiment on her own. She made Lucky Charms Rice Krispy Treats. I don't know why she choose to substitute Lucky Charms for Rice Krispies in her Rice Krispy Treats, but she did. Hey, I experiment with food combinations all the time. More power to her.

How were they you ask? Unfortunately she burnt the marshmallows, so it wasn't a success. But she still needed to make something to bring to school tomorrow, but by now it was 11:00 pm and she needed to get to bed. "Pop, can you make something?"


Looking through the cabinets, I found a bag of chocolate chips, caramel chips, condensed milk (Why do we have condensed milk in the cabinet? I don't remember ever making anything that calls for condensed milk) vanilla and a bag of shredded coconut. Looks like I'm going to be up making cookies for a while.

But then it hit me - don't you use condensed milk to make fudge? And doesn't fudge take like 15 minutes to make?

So I scoured the internet for a fudge recipe. Unfortunately most of the recipes called for the addition of marshmallow fluff which I didn't have, but then I found a recipe on the Eagle Brand website for Marbled Chocolate Fudge. It called for white chocolate, which I didn't have so I substituted the caramel chips, which were really peanut butter chips, go figure.

But the fudge came out pretty good. Very fudgey and very very easy.

So there you have it folks. Two new dishes in the wonderful adventures in cooking. I wonder where the barbecue is.

1 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Thank god the Hamburger Helper people have kept their noses out of BBQ.

Can you imagine:
Pulled Pork Helper? (A butt in a crock pot with a bottle of Kraft original)

Brisket Helper? (A brisket tip burned in the oven seasoned with pepper and MSG)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!