.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Potential Thwarted

Yesterday was a beautiful day in WhiteTrash BBQ land. The weather was more like May than January. It was the perfect day to roll out the cooker and make some barbecue.

In anticipation, I had purchased some boneless pork butt. I cleared my schedule. I made up a new injection baste of apple juice, water, brown sugar, kosher salt, chipotle tobasco sauce, butter, onion powder, garlic powder and bay leaf. I let the injection baste sit in the refrigerator over night.

Warming up the injection, just enough to melt the butter, I strained it and injected the butts. I rubbed and slathered the butts and let them sit to absorb my injection -- Wait a minute, I thought Bobby Slather had retired.

Went outside, to pull out the trusty Weber Smokey Mountain from the garage and my plans changed. Some schmuck decided to graffiti the garage doors. Well, my friend Mike - you remember Mike from the Hudson Valley Ribfest - told me about this graffiti removal spray. Spray it on, let it sit and wipe away the graffiti.

Well, yeah, it took the graffiti off, but it also removed all the other paint. So, it wound up stripping the garage doors. My pork got cooked in the oven.

Why am I telling you all this? Because my friend Pete thought it was funny. Pete is a prick.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The garage door could have waited till the butt was in the WSM if it had been me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!