.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Monday, November 05, 2007

BBQ Equipment: The Big Easy

Ok, I know that The Big Easy is not really a cooker used to produce barbeque.

Ok, I know that this blog is supposed to be about barbecue.

Ok, but I hope you know that this blog is really about me and my adventures in outdoor cooking.

And one of the things I like to cook outside is deep-fried turkey.



I mentioned earlier that the fine folks at Charbroil were sending me a new model of deep-fryer, the Big Easy that cooks with out oil.

So, in those terms, The Big Easy deserves some attention on this blog.

On Sunday my brother and I put together my Big Easy and cooked up two 7 pound chickens in about one hour. I'll write a more detailed review for you all tomorrow, but let me tell you this... The Big Easy works as advertised.

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 7:34 AM, Blogger Bradley said...

So where is the fun in having no risk to burning down your house? I had read some mixed reviews you have regarding the overall quality of the Char-Broil line. How do you think this will hold up?

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger WhiteTrashBBQ said...

My brother and I were commenting on that as we were putting it together. We both noticed that the Big Easy seemed like a well made piece of equipment. But then he said, "I don't know everything made in China craps out after a year or two."

I've only had the fryer a week, but it seems to be of high quality construction.

So Bradley, all I can say is time will tell.

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Backyard Chef said...

I will add that Char-Broil's customer service group has been very responsive in the past when I've had questions, so if ever you need help with their products, give them a buzz. I can't guarantee that your experience will mirror mine, but it's worth a shot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!