.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Monday, October 29, 2007

Everytime I Think I'm Out

They drag me back in.

Apologies to Don Corleone, but the older I get the more I understand how he feels.

In June, after 15 years, all of my children have left the grammar school. I remember sitting at my daughters graduation ceremony thinking that I was graduating as well. After 15 years of working on school plays, pumpkin patches, blood drives, card parties, Mother's Day sales, Father Day sales, car washes, haunted houses, movie nights, basketball, parish dances, being Santa and whatever else they could sucker me into, I was free.

Well, it was a short summer. This weekend was the school Halloween dance. Guess who they called to build the haunted house again. Oh, I tried to get out of it, but the PTA president is a good friend and she swore she couldn't find anyone else. So we assembled the old team; Chuck, who's been out of the school four years now; Mike, who's been out of the school a couple of years now; John who's child is still there and me. We built a haunted house. It turned out to be a fun night and it was good working with my friends again.

But this is a blog about barbecue. So let me leave you with a recommendation. I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that Barnes and Noble was putting many of its "summer" books on sale. Now is the time to pick up all those barbeque and grilling cookbooks at discount prices. My latest purchase is the Williams-Sonoma Complete Grilling Cookbook. Original price was over $50. I bought it for $12.95. (Jeez, I was feeling like I got a great deal, but looking at Amazon, I could have bought it for $6.47. Nice.)

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 6:51 PM, Blogger Marianne said...

Cool blog. My husband and I are novice barbecuers but we like to grill out in the back yard a lot. Sometimes we feature barbecue recipes.

 
At 5:19 PM, Anonymous Paul said...

Another good bbq book is low and slow which you can find on Amazon as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!