.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

X

I've often wondered how suddenly everyone's talking about "X." You know what I mean, all of a sudden "X" is on every blog, every new show and in every paper. Everyone is suddenly doing"X" (Easy now, I'm not talking about that X) "X" could be the latest celebrity, paint color, sweat shirt, food item, singer, cooking technique or just about anything.

I've often wondered if there's a cabal or Illuminati group out there who makes these decisions and sows the seeds for unsuspecting schmucks like me.

Well, if there is an "X" board out there the latest, hot, new thing is baking. Yup baking. I received 14 different emails from folks like Kraft, The Food Network, The Pampered Chef telling me it's time to bake. It's popping up on the blogs, biscuits, pies and cakes.

Well, not this WhiteTrash BBQ boy. I ain't gonna fall for it. I'm gonna go build me a fire.

5 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, Blogger Chef JP said...

I suspect that a lot of popular culture is dictated behind the scenes by commercial parties who probably cross fertilize their efforts in convincing people to "hop to it" and "get on the ball". The celebrity chef culture to me is one of the saddest events to come down the pike in quite awhile. Basically, it's gotten people into the IDEA of cooking, not the actual cooking of food itself. Most of the shows that masquerade as "Food" shows don't actually impoart any concrete cooking knowledge at all. chefjp

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger BlueMule said...

What if you bake on the grill?

http://howlinghogbbq.blogspot.com/2007/07/howling-hog-barbecue-ends-their-season.html

Note the first place cake!

C.

 
At 6:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

amen jp...I couldn't have said it better.

Sitting outside by the fire pit on a chilly fall night with a glass of wine and a fork speared with spicy sausage is a heavenly thing. The smoke, the scent, the tastes.....mmmmm gooooood.

While I do love me a good cake and can make one that shines, I would much prefer that someone else do it over me.

 
At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everybody knows its all about Y now. X was so last week.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger cadred said...

You are talking about memes http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meme

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!