.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Rediscovering My Library

I have a lot of CDs and albums. A lot. Over 3,000 of each. I know, everyone uses iPods now a days, but I still like the feel of the album and the CD. Actually the 33 1/3 rpm, long playing record is my medium of choice when I'm rambling through my music collection. Sure, if I know what I want to hear, nothing beats the convenience of going right to that song on your iPod.

But if I'm just looking for something random, something soothing, it's got to be a record. Looking over those great album covers and the anticipation of pulling out the record of it's card board case and paper sleeve, then loading it on to the turn table with the scratchy start before the music envelopes you, just can't be beat. Sometimes I close my eyes and pick something blind.

Why am I talking about records on a blog about barbecue? Well. I have a lot of barbecue and grilling cookbooks too. I don't have anywhere as many cookbooks as I do CDs but I have way too many to use them all on a regular basis. And like my cd/record collection sometimes great gems get pushed to the back and unused for years.

So today I am announcing a new feature of WhiteTrashBBQ, rediscovering my cookbooks. Over the next couple of months there will be an irregular feature where I pull out a cookbook at random. I'll pick a recipe at random, prepare it, cook it, photograph it and eat it. I'll publish the results here. This should be fun. Look for the first post soon.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:44 AM, Blogger Hogwild said...

This is an excellent idea, WhiteTrash. So many cookbooks, so little time!! I tend to get in a rut and cook the same things frequently. I may have to break out an old cookbook this weekend. Thanks for the kick in the pants!!

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Chef JP said...

I'm a vinyl man myself--tho I'm searching for a new turntable at the moment. I like the idea of dusting off the old cookbooks--food is memory. chefjp

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!