.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Time to go.

In a couple of hours I'm heading off to the Hudson Valley Ribfest (if you need a link see a previous post) I'm a bit apprehensive, but I'm really trying to take this one as a lark. This contest is for fun. If we place, fantastic. If not, that's fantastic too. This is for the fun of cooking and to introduce some new people to the world of competitive barbeque. This is all for pleasure. The un-named team member is back on board. I'm so glad. He's a great guy and would have been sorely missed. YEAH! We're gonna have a great time now.

But then again, that all seems a bit hollow. Those of you who know me, know I don't like to loose. Part of me wants to be in the top 5 or so. Alright, I admit it first. First would be out of this world and t I really doubt it. I know we can cook, but we haven't practiced at all. We haven't even settled on recipes. I don't know if we have everything we need to compete. I keep dropping things in the boxes. But like I said, I know we can cook. Can we cook to the judges expectations? Only time will tell.

I'm also worried a bit about the actions of a certain tribe in the barbeque world. Some of them will be at New Paltz. They've screwed with me and my friends before, and I don't put it past them to do it again. Some actions have been plain stupid, juvenile and even sophomoric; but others have frankly, been criminal. I don't doubt for a second that they've got something planned for this event. Every time I've crossed paths with them this year, a shit storm follows. I'll be sleeping with one eye open this weekend (like I sleep at all) and I'm not going to take any shit.

It's really a pity and I've tried to put it all to rest, but sometimes there's no reasoning with people. Peace, love and barbeque man. What's so funny about that? Sorry Elvis. Sorry Mike.

But even with all that drama, come on up to New Paltz. Hang with us. We're gonna have a great time. There's a turduken from the Cajun Grocer for Saturday night. There's a cart load of lamb from the American Lamb Board for your enjoyment and of course, our smiling faces. There's a lot of beer too, but we can always use more. And if my buddy Dmitri is reading this, I have a special surprise for you.

C'mon up. Bring chairs and beverages; adult and diet coke. You know how I love my diet coke. We'll raise the roof. And if you're a member of the tribe, come in peace. You'll be welcomed with open arms. We'll smoke a pipe or something and make peace, love and barbecue. Get your mind out of the gutter you filthy animals. See you there.

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad everything has worked for your team. The only thing left to do is "Lets get it on!". Good luck to you and we will see you in New Paltz. Drive safe and remember you are always welcome.

 
At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck this weekend. I wish I could be there. It is way too hot here in Kentucky 105 degrees. Too hot to bbq if you can believe that.

Have a great time and be sure to post some pics of what you cook.

Eric at www.bbq-festivals.com

 
At 7:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope everything goes well and no gets dismembered. That might suck for them.

I look forward to reading the synopsis of the event.

 
At 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck! Hope everything goes great!

 
At 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It must have been one heck of a weekend for you not to post for 5 days.

 
At 5:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can say is WOW!

From your description of your encounters with the "tribe" it sounds kind of like full contact BBQ, a concept that could be bigger than Monday Night Football.

But by the use of the word "tribe," am I to take it that this is a group of American Indian BBQers? If not I would find that characterization and it's common implications offensive.

 
At 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyone home???????





I guess Robert was wacked by the Brethern

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!