.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Sunday, August 05, 2007

BBQ Events: Hudson Valley Ribfest

12 days to go to the Hudson Valley Ribfest.

Now that I've gotten all my nerves and apprehensions out of the way, I can concentrate on the event. Today I'm cooking up a couple of pork butts and lamb ribs. I've never done lamb ribs on the grill before so this is going to very interesting.

I came up with a new pork injection yesterday. It's a mixture of apple juice, oil, vinegar, pork stock, Worcestershire sauce, tabasco, garlic, salt, pepper and a couple of other ingredients I'm keeping secret for now. If I like it, I may use it in the competition. If it wins, I'll publish the whole recipe.

I'm also trying out a new rub. I found it in Fairway the other day and I've never tried it or seen it before. We like the manufacturer's other products and it passed the pinky test, so here's hoping.

I'm busy today putting together the equipment we'll need. I pulled my Weber Smokey Mountain out of the garage for a good cleaning. I haven't used it since my last competition, which was the ill fated Grill Kings. (I guess I'm getting spoiled. I have a lot of grills to choose from now.) Opening up the WSM, I noticed that I have two charcoal grill racks and only one cooking rack. Time for a visit to Home Depot for a replacement.

Sorry, no pictures today. The batteries are dead and I'm too busy to buy new.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!