.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Saturday, August 04, 2007

BBQ Events: Hudson Valley Ribfest

13 days to go to the Hudson Valley Ribfest.

I'm cooking with friends who I've never cooked with before. This should be interesting. We're signed up to do both the NEBS grilling contest on Saturday and the KCBS event on Sunday. That Sunday is also my 45th birthday. Shit, I'm old. We're signed up to cook fish, lamb, sausage and beef steak on Saturday and chicken, ribs, pork shoulder and beef brisket on Sunday.

Since I'm the only one on the team to have any experience with a full blown KCBS event, the rest of the team is looking at me as the expert. This is making me a bit apprehensive as both of the Mikes have competed before at Grillin' On The Bay and they cook with each other during the year. They know how to cook together. I've done contests, but I really don't know what to expect from both of them and how I'll fit into the mix. One Mike is definitely the more serious cook, but the other is a "git er done" type of guy. They've never let me down, I just hope I can live up to their expectations of me.

I've got to remember my own advice written way back when I attended my first barbecue event...
  1. Don't worry about the food too much. You've cooked enough Q to allow your instincts to direct you.
  2. Have fun.
  3. Don't be a chicken shit - just do it!

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:09 PM, Blogger Deborah Dowd said...

Robert- Happy birthday! I turn 51 on Sunday, so you can at least be buoyed by the fact that you are younger than me! Good luck with your 'cue and have a great birthday!

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger WhiteTrashBBQ said...

Thanks Deborah and Happy Birthday to you too! I need to go back and edit that post as I turn 45 the Sunday of the competition, not today. I'll hold your good wished until then.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!