BBQ Events: Harpoon!
In two days, the wife and me are heading up to the wilds of Vermont so that I can lend my judging expertise to The Harpoon Championship of New England Barbecue. This contest is KCBS and NEBS sanctioned and is the Vermont State Championship.
I've heard nothing but good things about this contest and many claim that this IS the premier event in the Northeast. If you're anywhere near this contest, be sure to stop by. Me? I can't wait.
Here's some information about the contest taken directly from their website:
What is Harpoon Championships of New England Barbecue all about?
- A celebration of the best of Summer—Fresh beer, great BBQ, & live music
- The Harpoon Brewery in Windsor, Vermont offers an ideal setting for the event
- 40 BBQ Teams from all over will be competing for prize money & trophies
- A select few teams will be selling their award winning BBQ to the public
- Great live music provided by the hottest local bands from Vermont
- Come sit back, relax and enjoy the summer with friends at Harpoon Brewery
- Brewery tours offered through out the weekend
- Saturday, July 28th, 12:00 PM to 8:00 PM (Entrance closes at 6:30 pm)
- Sunday, July 29th, 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM (Entrance closes at 3:30 pm)
- Schedule of Events
- At the Harpoon Brewery, 336 Ruth Carney Drive, Windsor, VT. Map/Directions
- Off Route 5, next door to Simon Pearce, exit 9 off Interstate 91
- Free parking available in the fields surrounding the event site
- Camping at the event is for competing teams only. See attached list of local campgrounds and accommodations
- Schedule of Events
- Door charge is $6.00 per person and does not include beer or food Children under 12 are admitted free, but must be accompanied by a parent
- Cash bars serving a selection of Vermont-brewed fresh Harpoon and UFO beer for $4.25 a pint
- Various BBQ teams will be selling a wide variety of hot delicious BBQ
- The event will be held rain or shine. Tickets not sold in advance
- At this time the event is currently sold out for 2007.