.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

BBQ Events: Pig and Chili

First the BBQ event, I'll be helping out the fine folks from Waterfront Ale House, Hill County BBQ BBQ, and Atom's Ribs at the Brooklyn Pigfest.

I'm really looking forward to it, as on Friday morning we'll be gathering to butcher some hogs. I know it sounds weird, but it's something I've never done and I'm dying to learn. I believe that too many cook's don't really understand the animal that they're cooking. The cyrovac packed meat is very far removed from the actual animal and allows too great a gulf between man and the food stuffs he eats.

From their website...

Don't miss the 7th Annual Pigfest at the Tobacco Warehouse at Brooklyn Bridge Park. Indulge in a day of cold beer, live music, and pork and chicken slow-cooked by Waterfront Ale House's own Sam Barbieri and his champion BBQ team. Beer and food included with admission.
Proceeds from this year's event will go to benefit the Brooklyn Bridge Park Conservancy.
Advance tickets: $75
Tickets at the door: $85
Tickets available at: www.brooklynbrewery.com

And on Long Island, there's gonna be chili a cookin' at Long Island's First Annual Chili Cook-off. I might head out there, but Patchogue is such a long way from Brooklyn. It's for a good cause, so if you're on the island, be sure to check it out.

On a personal note, I may not be able to keep up with my promise to post every day this month. As I already mentioned, I'll be out butchering pigs on Friday and helping out on Saturday. I will take pictures and I will report on all the happenings, but it might not be this week.

Also, I promised you guys I'd get back to basics. I'm working on that as my daughter and I just planted our vegetable garden today. Tomatoes, peppers, onions, corn, and a few other things. Many of these vegetables will be served along side the BBQ all summer. I'm also so tired of the politics of the barbecue world. I just want to stay home and cook.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!