.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Monday, March 19, 2007

Barbecue Restaurants

I've had some feedback about my new listings for barbeque restaurants that I recommend and I'd thought I'd take a couple of minutes and explain how hey make the list...
  1. I have to have eaten there a couple of times. I try not to form a solid opinion about a place on one visit. Every restaurant can have a bad day.
  2. They have to be real barbecue restaurants. You're not going to find the boil, broil, dose with liquid smoke places on this list.
  3. The restaurant must have a website. I don't see any reason for posting a list of names without links. You'll find those places reviewed in the blog when I visit them.
  4. Obviously, if I recommend the restaurant, I like it. There's one restaurant on the list that has raised some eyebrows because to be honest, it's not the best bbq you can find. It's better than good, but it's not great and I don't think it's going to last much longer, but I'm pulling for them. No, I don't have a financial stake in the place and if you go back in the archives, you can probably figure out who it is. But I like it, so it's on the list. After all, it's my list.
  5. This list will change and will never be complete. Place's will come and go as my opinion and experiences with them change.
  6. They are listed in alphabetical order, not in order of preference. You'll have to read the blog to find out about which BBQ joint reigns supreme.
And here's a little treat; Sam's restaurant in Austin is one of my favorite places in that city. I have pictures from our visits somewhere, but they've never been digitalized, much like Sam's itself. AND they don't have a website! I just did a search of the blog, and I find that I've never reviewed the place either. I guess I need to get back to Austin.

So instead of a review here's a little clip from YouTube that lets you experience the place, but unfortunately not the food, yourself. Enjoy.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!