.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Does it always have to be the best?

Does it always have to be the best? That question has been wandering around my empty head to for the last couple of weeks.

I recently had lunch at one of New York's lesser known BBQ joints, Bone Lick Park. (No website that I can find) I guess you can tell by my opening question that the food wasn't the best. But it wasn't bad.

Bone Lick Park on Urbanspoon

I had their lunch special. For $6 I was given a soda, a small salad with an overpowering Italian dressing and a passable pulled pork sandwich. The sandwich was a good size with some tender but basically flavorless pork. It was only salvaged with a good amount of BBQ sauce applied to the meat. On the side was some pretty tasty coleslaw.

I was ready to put up a post about how bad the sandwich was, but as I was riding on the subway thinking about it, it struck me - I only paid $6 for a complete lunch. $6! I pay more than that for a McDonald's Big Mac Meal. I pay more then that for a chicken salad sandwich and a coke in the corner deli. I don't enjoy Mickie D's. I don't really enjoy the chicken salad sandwich either. It's just food.

But that pulled pork sandwich, after it was sauced, was passable. It wasn't great, but it was good. I've had worse pulled pork when I've judged BBQ contests. I'll be back to Bone Lick.

So does it alway have to be the best? Nope. Not if the price is right.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!