.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Monday, January 29, 2007

2 and a half and counting -

WhiteTrash BBQ has been online for about 2 1/2 years now and re-reading my opening post has made think about my experiences in the world of barbecue and where I am in comparison to my stated goals.

I don't have my own competitive barbecue team yet. I don't have a barbeque restaurant yet. Am I any closer to achieving these goals? Yes and no. Yes on the team but a big no on the restaurant.

Actually I am rethinking the whole idea of opening a restaurant. I'm not sure if that's something I still want to do. Oh I still want to sell BBQ to the public, but the restaurant I originally envisioned is no longer the picture I have in my mind.

As for my competition barbecue team, I'm kicking around a few ideas and people and we'll see what develops by the summer.

I also see some disturbing trends in the barbecue world. (Let's see who I piss off with this thought) It seems that the focus is shifting from cooks and fun to money and politics. It's a shame and hopefully it's just a blurp in the radar, but I don't like the winds that are blowing right now. This sport is becoming a rich man's game.

But as I promised earlier, I'm getting back to barbecue; the cooking, serving and eating barbeque. That's where I'll be focused for a while.

As Judy sang...

"We are stardust, We are golden, We are ten billion year old carbon and we got to get ourselves back to the garden."

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! Do you spin fire, as well as cook? We should burn together sometime.

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger WhiteTrashBBQ said...

I'd love to burn with you Danielle, but to answer your question, no I don't really spin fire. I've been known to spin other things, but not fire.

At least not like that. I've spun things that are on fire around, but I don't know if that counts.

 
At 6:23 AM, Blogger Backyard Chef said...

I hear you're pretty good at setting ribs on fire. Want to tell us all about that trick??

Am I on the team or what? Let me know....I'm thinking about New Holland, maybe....And you're "taken" for New Paltz, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!