.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Let the dogs howl

It seems I've offended many with my last post. That wasn't my intention. But, too bad. Get over it. This blog is home to my opinions and thoughts. If you don't like reading them, move on.

I've always known that as I publish my thoughts and opinions that I would both please and anger people with my views. At first it was easy. The BBQ cooks, restaurants, authors, organizers etc, were all just faceless names. But as I've gotten to know a lot of them, it's been harder to be honest and at one point I was debating taking down this blog. I knew the praise would be accepted, but how would the folks I now knew deal with criticism?

I thought long and hard about it, and decided that I would carry on and let the chips fall where they may. I've pissed off many in the BBQ world over the last couple of years and I've made many very happy.

I learned that the people that I gravitated to as friends could accept honest critiques of their work. Many actually encouraged it. Then there are the ones who can not stand hearing the truth and unfortunately they usually have the loudest voices. They will whine and scream, but let the dogs howl the caravan moves on.

So, to all my brothers and sisters out there who sent their anonymous opinions about my last post, you'll have to find another place to vent. I will not further the views of cowards by publishing them here.

3 Comments:

At 10:05 AM, Blogger Backyard Chef said...

I've always been more of a cat person, myself.

Sometimes our words have effects that we never expected, or find an unlikely audience. It's important to think twice about things once you realize the impact your writing can have. That makes it twice as important to be true to your vision.

Stay true, BrooklynQ. You still have plenty of friends out here.

 
At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for ending grill kings you jerk

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger The BBQ Guy said...

I must admit that I find it hard to believe that a bbq event would be cancelled due to an article or comments on a blog site.

I never attended the event, but for me the fact that it was cancelled kind of substantiates your opinions in my view--that the event needed some improvements.

It's hard to imagine that someone in the public eye (i.e. a bbq contest organizer) would take such offense that it would cause them to cancel an event.

Perhaps there is more to the story "behind the scenes" that is not readily apparent to the "outsider".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!