.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Feeling Snarky

It's that time again, let's take a trip into the culinary world of "Barbeque Recipes." This recipe comes to us from our friends at Quad-Cities Online and is the creation of Jerry Christiansen of Bettendorf.

This recipe makes me think it was developed for a day care that was trying to jazz up it's menu by adding something exotic that unsuspecting little children would eat and another culinary barbecue bastard was born. This recipe turns my stomach.

Now I don't know Jerry, but come on my friend. How can you possibly call this barbecue when the food never even sees a flame? I' m not picking on you sir, it's just so many people make this mistake.

But to your food editors at Quad-Cities Online, you should be ashamed of yourselves. You should know better. Just because a recipe has the word barbecue in one of the ingredients, does not make it barbeque. I guess if I add French dressing to some canned tuna I've just mastered the art of French cooking.

Jerry's Barbecue

Ingredients
  • 1 pound lean ground beef
  • 1/2 pound hot dogs, sliced
  • 1 cup barbecue sauce
  • 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 heaping teaspoons cornstarch, mixed with water to form paste
  • Hamburger buns
  • Cheese slices
Instructions

Place ground beef in microwave-proof bowl and cook at high power until no pink remains, breaking up into pieces every few minutes. Mix in hot dogs, barbecue sauce, relish, brown sugar and cornstarch to thicken slightly. Cook until heated through. Serve on warmed buns and top with a cheese slice.

Repeat after me "Barbecue sauce does not equal barbecue."

Sometimes you just gotta laugh. Forgive me. I'll be in a better mood tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At 7:54 AM, Blogger Backyard Chef said...

I wouldn't call that bbq-- I'd call it NASTY! I wouldn't eat that even if they weren't calling bbq. I'm in a snarky mood, too.

Hey! I read in the paper that you're organizing a bbq class.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!