.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

WhiteTrashBBQ

WhiteTrash BBQ -- Real Pit Barbecue from New York City. This is the story of a fire obsessed guy, living in Brooklyn, with a dream of producing award winning, competition busting, real Barbeque. Come live the dream as I compete around the country in the KCBS Championship Barbecue circuit.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

BBQ Contests: Hudson Valley Rib Festival

I hate when this happens.

Two worthy barbeque events on the same day. I already told you about the Hudson River Park's Barbeque & Blues taking place on Sunday and it should be a great time. I wish I could be there.

But if you're looking to check out a real honest to goodness KCBS state championship, and don't feel like being in the city this weekend check out the Hudson Valley Rib Festival in New Paltz. For me, it's a no brainer. I'd rather be at a cooking contest any day.

The Rib Fest begins on Friday, August 18th (4pm-11pm) and will be featuring the band, "Hot Rod." The Rib Fest is open August 18th (4pm-11pm), August 19th (11am-11pm) and August 20th (11am-4pm.)

There will be a NEBS sanctioned grilling contest on Saturday with cooks competing for the best in grilled Fish, Sausage, Pork Chop and Beef Steak. In addition to the grilling contest, on Sunday, there will be the KCBS sanctioned event with cooks Q-ing Ribs, Chicken, Pork Butt and Beef Brisket. I'll be up in the judges tent for the KCBS event.

In addition to the cooking contests there will be entertainment:

The Bands:
Friday
7-10PM HOT ROD (oldies)

Saturday

11:00A -12:30P Git Fiddle (Country)
1:00P-2:00P Hot Diggity Dog (childrens)
2:00-5:00P Off Hour Rockers (Rock)
6:00-10:00P Touch of Rhythm (Pop)

Sunday

12:00-3:30P Chain Gang (Rock)

And Cooking demonstrations:

Saturday
12:00 “Handling the Finest Butts in Town - Jack McDavid / Jack'’s Firehouse Restaurant
1:00 The Dudes ’ Rockin’ Ribs ”- Tom Christine / Smokin'’ Dudes
2:00 “Banging Briskets!! - The REAL Cowboy Food- Mark Elia/ Elia'’s Texasconnection
3:00 The NEBS Grilling Awards
4:00 “The Best Ribs Ever! - Will Breakstone / I Like Smoke-n-lightning

Sunday
12:00 Jammin Jerk Chicken - Big Moe's M&M
1:00 “BBQ Side Dishes - Mark Slutzky / Hickory House BBQ Restaurant
2:00 TBA
3:00 KCBS Contest Awards

Last year's event was one of the best in the North East. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. The Rotary and Mike Flick are great hosts. The fair grounds are beautiful. And they have a swimming pool open for our use. What could be better?

2 Comments:

At 6:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Brooklyn, for the comment on my blog to stare at a fire to ease the stress and strain of the past few weeks. That to me sounds like a wonderful idea, and I had not thought of the fire's contemplative and restorative properties for healing the frantically charged mind.

Chalk it up to a BBQ king to think that way! Your site makes my tummy growl insanely. I wish I could transport myself, in all my healed glory to NY for these events.

 
At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!

I wish we had more events like this out west! Sounds like a great time.

The Four Q BBQ team will be competing in an IBCA sanctioned event this weekend in Silent Valley, CA. It will be a smaller event but hey, we get to cook so I'm happy!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW WhiteTrash BBQ
Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by WhiteTrash BBQ.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

Search Popdex:
Ego Vereor Haud Sus!